Cambodia is set to open a new airport near UNESCO-listed Angkor Wat in October this year, which is called Siem Reap Angkor International Airport.
All You Need to Know About This New Airport
- Distance: Located about 50 km away from Siem Reap city center and 40km from Angkor Wat complex
- Size: Spreads over 700 hectares – over 4 times the size of the Angkor Wat complex.
- Code: Identified by its IATA code SAI and its ICAO code VDSA.
- Capacity: The largest airport in Cambodia with the capacity to handle 7 million passengers per year initially, 10 million by 2030, and 20 million by 2050.
- Abilities: 38 gates and be able to handle large passenger planes like the Airbus A-340-300 and A350-900 as well as the Boeing B777-200/300ER and B747-300/400.
- Transfer: on Airport Highway (45 minutes by taxi) and by Light-rail trail (continuous reading)
Light-rail Line to New Siem Reap Airport
- Not confirmed yet, but on studying with promising result
- From Siem Reap city center to the new international airport
- Offer a glimpse of the Kingdom’s development journey and reduce traffic congestion